View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 03:18 PM

Mounting problems

I'm on Leopard, using 2.5, which worked great for a time. It's scheduled to do an overnight backup. Lately, when I get to the computer in the morning there is an error screen with red writing indicating that the backup failed and it couldn't find one or more of my drives. However, all drives are properly mounted in finder and I can browse them fine. In fact, the drive I'm using is my Time Machine drive and TM runs hourly backups on it no problem. Here's the output from Console (all messages):
2/22/08 12:57:20 PM SuperDuper![8164] Exception raised during posting of notification. Ignored. exception: 'Unable to retrieve volume information' invoked observer method: '*** -[MainController handleSettingsLoadNotification:]' observer: 0x8511d0 notification name: 'SDSettingsLoadNofication'
2/22/08 12:57:21 PM SuperDuper![8164] Exception raised during posting of notification. Ignored. exception: 'Unable to retrieve volume information' invoked observer method: '*** -[MainController applicationDidFinishLaunching:]' observer: 0x8511d0 notification name: 'NSApplicationDidFinishLaunchingNotification'
2/22/08 12:57:33 PM SuperDuper![8164] LOGGED EXCEPTION: FSGetVolumeInfo failed., reason: Unable to retrieve volume information, userInfo: (null)

2/22/08 12:57:33 PM SuperDuper![8164] Unable to retrieve volume information
I uninstalled SD today using AppZapper which got the preferences and other related files. I reinstalled 2.5, re-registered it and it won't see any of my drives. All drive selections options are greyed out because it can't see any drives on my computer. I've found in the past this is remedied by a reboot but obviously that's not acceptable when I'm trying to run automatic scripts.

Thanks for any help you can provide! I really enjoy 2.5's features with TimeMachine integration.