Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2008, 06:45 PM

Question Leopard sandbox on a Tiger Powerbook

I'd like to try Leopard but don't want to risk the day-to-day usability of my Powerbook. I want to do some thorough testing before a full cut-over, because I am concerned that after the update some key capability may not work; I have installed a number of binaries on the "Unix" side, for example.

My thought was that the "sandbox" offered by SD almost does what I want. However, because in my sandbox my whole user folder is just an alias / soft link, I can't have a separate personal Library folder. I fear that personal Library folders may not be backward compatible, so that by updating my sandbox to Leopard I will break the Tiger partition.

What I'd like is a variant sandbox that creates a new user folder on the Leopard partition, with its own Library folder, but with aliases / soft links to all the other contents of my user folder.

Is this possible? Or perhaps am I missing something, and what I suggest is not advisable or necessary? Any comments would be appreciated.